Two things that we’ve learned in over 26 years of hosting websites of different types, and 12+ years of WordPress sites in particular, are that:
1) The quickest way to get hacked is to let the software which runs your site go out of date.
2) Website owners are typically too busy running their business and/or not particularly technically inclined, and thus routinely fail to keep their sites up to date.
What we do:
– Daily checks to see if WordPress, your Theme, or any of your plugins have new releases. If so, we update them for you.
– Monthly offsite backups. Very helpful to have in the case your site goes down for any reason. We’ve saved lots of bacon. More frequent backups – as often as every hour – are available for very active sites for an additional fee.
– Monthly reports emailed to you with details on what we’ve done, traffic over the past month, and various security tips and news.
“Raising the shields and lowering the target surface”
— Edward Snowden